Damian's Music

Damian's Music
Damian contemplating music

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Flooded




Definitions - Flooded


  • To fill with an abundance or an excess.

  • To become inundated, engulfed.

  • To pour forth, overflow.

  • To overwhelm



Today, I was flooded. We hosted a birthday celebration for our son. He was born on August 1, two days after his dad. Last year, Damian Jr had surgery around their birthdays so we were not able to fully celebrate. So this year, we had a surprise party for my husband and then a celebration for Damian Jr several weeks later so that each of them would have distinct, memorable experiences.


Over the past several weeks, I have been "welling" up with emotion and gratefulness as I have reflected on our 6 year journey. For the most fact, I tried to "control" my emotions. But today I was flooded. It was sudden and powerful. Flooded by the generosity shown to our family. Flooded by the powerful words of our guests during the celebration. Flooded by the support. Flooded by the amazing grace of God. Simply Flooded.


I am glad that I experienced "the floods" today. I trust that you too will allow yourself to be flooded with gratefulness this week!

1 comment: